Getting Started With A Divorce
Coldwell | Bowes, L.L.P. is dedicated to the practice of Texas family law in all its forms, including pre-divorce planning. During an initial consultation, our lawyers will discuss many important issues and factors in your situation, including:
- How your current estate planning and asset protection plan may affect your settlement
- Changing your will to reflect your new family circumstances
- Making changes to your retirement planning
- Establishing a trust for any lump-sum financial settlement you receive
- Dealing with long-term debt
- Home residence and vacation property tax consequences
- Business exit strategies or succession planning
Qualified Help Throughout The Divorce Process
In addition to divorce planning, other services we can assist with include:
- Custody and children’s issues
- Division of marital property and debt
- High-asset, complex property settlements
- Division of business and professional practice property
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
Need A New Divorce Lawyer?
It isn’t unusual for people to seek a new attorney as their divorce process moves along. If you want to see whether a new law firm is the right move for you, schedule a consultation with us to discuss your concerns.
We have built our reputation on providing exceptional client service, beginning with responsive communication and clear expectations. We practice with integrity and work hard to protect your family’s future throughout your case. We will not pursue a strategy that does not consider your children’s best interests as the highest priority.