Michele Locke is a former Associate Court Judge that has returned to private practice to continue pursuing her passion for family law litigation. The Court that Michele ran was a Domestic Violence Court that focused on Protective Order Applications, divorce, custody, child support, enforcement and other family law matters that arose out of those Protective Orders. Furthermore, for a period of time, she ran the Child Protective Services Court. She is knowledgeable in contested family law matters that involve issues of domestic violence, stalking, harassment, and child abuse. The Court was a forerunner in addressing issues that related to Same-Sex relationships.
Michele, prior to becoming a Judge ran a successful family law practice. She handled all ranges of cases and successfully represented clients in all types of highly contested matters.
Michele's passion since law school has been family law. As a child of divorce, step-mother of two girls, and a mother to three boys, Michele understands all too well the dynamics and complexities of divorce and the impact divorce has on the families undergoing these tumultuous times.
Michele's areas of practice include Divorce, Custody, Child Support, Family Violence, and other family law matters.
Areas Of Practice
- Divorce with Business interests
- Pre- and Post-Marital Agreements
- Child Support
- Separate Property Claims
- Informal Marriage (Common Law Marriage)
- Family Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- University of Texas at Austin
- B.B.A., Finance
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austin Bar Association; Family Law Section
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- Inns of Court