1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Custody & Children’s Issues
  4.  » Post-Divorce Modifications

Modifying Your Parenting Agreements Post-Divorce

Did you lose your job, making child support hard to pay? Did you get a new job, but it’s outside Texas? What if your children’s activities make upholding your parenting agreement harder?

These are all questions that can be answered by one of our skilled family law attorneys. Contact Coldwell | Bowes, L.L.P., to discuss your post-divorce modification options and ways we can help you find a solution that will protect your and your family’s rights.

Why Not Make An Informal Agreement?

Informal changes do not offer either party the protection of the courts. Parenting time and child support modification are particularly volatile areas when it comes to making informal changes between you and your ex-spouse. For that reason, it is often in your best interests to formally modify your agreement if changes are needed. Our lawyers can help you through this process.

Will We Need To Go To Court?

Not necessarily. If parents can negotiate a custody or child support modification on their own, they simply need to register that modification with the family court. Parents may also seek modifications through mediation if they have a hard time negotiating alone. In mediation, a neutral mediator facilitates conversations, offering a third-party perspective when necessary to keep discussions productive.

When you work with our attorneys, we will seek resolutions that match your family’s particular needs. In some cases, yes, this will mean taking the matter to court. Since we prepare each case as if it will go to trial, we are always prepared if litigation is the only way to preserve your parental rights and your children’s best interests.

Contact Us To Discuss Your Family’s Needs

No matter the nature of your proposed change, our firm can help. We have practiced family law exclusively for years, and will put that experience to work resolving the unique issues of your case. Call us at 512-472-2040 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation with one of our attorneys.